Vertex Technologies LLC acquired Champlain Software (Earlier A division of Para Research Inc) and its product Campus Portal which is web based Software used as Student Information Software System or Administrative Software System. Campus Portal is used by educational institutions as Software As A Service (SaaS) through internet browser.
The Campus Portal Software has few modules as designed and implemented previously by Champlain Software:
- Portal Users – User Management
- Admissions – Student Admission process
- Registrar – Student Course Registration and Enrollment, Faculty
- Bursar – Student Billing and Payments
- Reports – Various Reports like Student Transcripts, Invoices, etc
- Alumnae Relations – Alumnae List
There are various user roles available in the system as below and based on the user roles certain functionalities are available to them:
- Administrator: Administrator type of user has full access to the system and there must be atleast one Administrator user in the system. Administrator can Import, Edit, Update, Delete other users in the system. A user assigned Administrator rights could be Admissions Officer, Registrar or Bursar or any other any other individual given authority to work with the various Portal Users and apply system processes related to: Recruits, Applicants, Students, Billing accounts, System set up, Reports, Messages of the day, etc.
- Registrar: The Registrar has access to ‘Registration’ section which displays all information related to students with functions that include the ability to work with and view or print: Student records, Addresses and phone numbers, Academic records, Schedules, Traits and events, Prior education records, Course registrations, Transcripts.
- Other information related to student body management includes: Grade entry, Class event records, Enrollment, Message of the day.
- Bursar: The Bursar has access to ‘Bursar’ section which displays all information related to students with functions that include the ability to work with and view or print: Student records, Calculate Tuition Fees, Invoicing, Billing Accounts, Transactions, Academic records, Schedules, Traits and events, Prior education records, Course registrations, Transcripts.
- Admissions: This role has access to “Admissions” section which tracks all information about Recruits and Applicants from the time of first contact through the completion of all requirements and the final application decision.
- Faculty: This role has access to “Faculty” related functions like Course schedule by semester, Attendance class events, Grade Input for Students and Reports like Class List, Biographic Spreadsheet by Semester. Faculty can only access their own class related activities.
- Student: This role has access to “Student” related functions like their own Schedule, Academic Record, Invoice and Course Catalog. Student can only access their own record.